How often do you feel like keeping on in the same direction just isn’t working or worth the effort? When was the last time you felt like throwing in the towel? Why do you keep hearing those little voices that say, “Give up, it’s never going to happen?” What do you do when within and without you continue to get the compulsion to quit?
Keeping on, when multiple sources seem to say give up, abandon ship, change course, is about as difficult a task as we face as human beings. How do you maintain and keep on keeping on, in spite of so many voices to the contrary?
You have to begin with making sure the course you are taking is the one God is behind and in support of. You know that it is God blessed if…
o You have poured yourself out to Him repeatedly seeking His direction not His approval of your direction.
o You are absolutely certain that your direction does not violate the clear teachings of the Bible.
o Your plans and directions have been confirmed by mature Christ followers that you have confided in.
If you know the certainty that you are pursuing what God approves, then rest in His promises.
* “God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is FAITHFUL .” 1 Cor 1:9
* “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we DO NOT GIVE UP.” Gal 6:8
* “Being CONFIDENT of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” Phil 1:5
* “If we are faithless, He WILL REMAIN FAITHFUL , for He cannot disown himself.” 2 Tim 2:13
* “Let us HOLD UNSWERVINGLY TO THE HOPE we profess, for he who promised is faithful .” Heb 10:22
I know firsthand how difficult it is when you are right in the middle of the doubt, confusion, weariness and conflict. It is so easy to get consumed and overcome by it all. But, in spite of the challenges and voices to the contrary, look beyond and above it all to the source of strength, direction, calmness and hope that is ours in Christ Jesus. He, and he alone, can give you everything you need to stay the course until breakthroughs happen.