Jesus pleaded, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest , therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” (Matt 9:37, 38)
Here is a little piece of the picture of just how desperately workers are needed.
- Each year 3,500 churches in America close their doors.
- Of the 61 million people living in France, less than 1% are evangelical Christians.
- There are only enough church plants to keep up with 1/8 of the U.S. population growth.
- Every month, 1,500 pastors leave the ministry
- In Africa, 14 million children have lost one or both parents to AIDS.
- Of the 6500 languages in the world, 4,400 have NO portion of Scripture translated.
- If 1,000 Chinese were baptized daily, it would take 3,087 years to baptize the whole nation.
- The United States remains the fourth largest mission field in the world.
- While there are 3,100 Christian missionaries in Brazil, there are 420,000 spiritist mediums.
- Only 21% of Americans attend religious services every week.
- Of the 16,000 people groups in the world, 6,600 are unreached with the gospel.
- Every minute, 62 people around the world die without Christ.
- Indiana has one Christian Church for every 10,000 people. To reach that ratio in New York City alone, 2,000 new churches would need to be planted.
- With 3 billion unreached people worldwide, each current U.S. Bible college student would need to tell 1 million people apiece so all could hear the gospel.
Would you pray…
…specifically for someone you know who might enter into Christian ministry?
…for God to reveal someone to you to pray for if you do not know someone personally who might enter Christian ministry?
…that God would reveal to you if you might be the person he is leading to Christian Ministry?
Pray like never before for workers for the harvest.