Kevin Gibson is on the job and getting everything moving in the right direction in his new role as Worship Minister at New Venture. February 14 was his first “official” day on the job. What a way to spend Valentine’s Day. This Sunday, February 20 will be his first week leading worship at NV.
Here’s a brief timeline of Kevin’s journey since High School.
- Graduated from Meadowbrook High in June, 2003
- First job was landscaping with “The Master’s Gardener” that summer
- Went to Liberty University in Fall 2003
- Worked for Brown’s Jaguar and Whitlow Chevrolet summer of 2004
- Went back to Liberty
- Had the opportunity to lead worship with Southside Nazarene’s Ephesus service, and Trinity Nazarene
- Was an interim youth and music pastor at Red Lane Baptist Church.
- Served as an intern worship leader at Lynchburg Nazarene my senior year.
- Worked as a framer for Hagner-Connelly construction his last semester to save up for a ring.
- Engaged in March of 2007
- Graduated from Liberty in May of 2007
- Started his former place of ministry, “Webber Memorial Church” on June 1st, 2007.
- Married on August 11th, 2007
- February 14, 2011, Begins new ministry with New Venture Christian Church
When asked what he was passionate about he answered…
- I am very passionate about developing music that enhances people’s worship experience. I love that God can take something that I enjoy like music and use it to draw hearts to Him.
- I am also passionate about leading a team of musicians who desire to give God their best.
- I love encouraging teams to pray together and for each other, and to spend time with Jesus together.
An ideal night for Kevin is “Grabbing some great dinner downtown and going to a concert of a favorite band with my wife.”
His hobbies include: Mountain biking, building things, working on his car, snow skiing and yard work
We welcome Kevin to the worship ministry leadership of NVCC