I believe in God and I believe in America. I believe America is the greatest nation in the world and arguably is the greatest nation the world has ever known. And I believe the greatness of America is founded in her belief in God. The more America has exalted God the more God has exalted America. And the more America has ignored and thumbed its nose at God the more God has withdrawn His blessings from this great nation.
I am also a conservative. You don’t have to talk to me long to see where my values lie. I believe in hard work, freedom, independence and interdependence, biblical values, strong morals, and a willingness to sacrifice for the greater cause. None of my beliefs and values have to do with making more money or acquiring more “stuff.” They are convictions and principles that reach infinitely deeper than materialistic ambitions. I believe they are foundational building blocks of greatness.
Because I hold these beliefs dear, I am ready to declare my support in the presidential election of 2012. I enthusiastically throw my support to the Romney/Ryan ticket. Yes, I am one of those red blooded Americans that votes in elections. I can’t remember the last time I missed voting for the President of the United Stated or if I ever have missed an election. And I have traditionally voted the conservative ticket. But never have I come out so strongly in support of a candidate or ticket. The reason why I am doing so at this time is that I believe, like never before, that the pillars of greatness that have made America the pride of the world are in danger of being dismantled and destroyed right before our eyes, in rapid action.
Now, I need to be very clear about one thing. It might upset a few, but I will say it anyhow. Mitt Romney is a Mormon in his beliefs. I am not a Mormon. Without going into details, I would be one of those who would classify Mormonism as a cult. I believe the Mormon religion denies some of the major tenants of Christianity, like the God ship of Jesus. But that’s not the subject of this post. And as it has been said, I am not voting for a pastor-in-chief to direct the church, I am voting for a commander-in-chief to direct the country.
Let me get specific. Here are three reasons why I support the Romney/Ryan ticket and why I feel that it is time for a change in the leadership of our country.
- Mitt Romney has experience in taking the unprofitable to the profitable. He has provided courageous leadership in doing so with the International Olympic Committee, the State of Massachusetts and with several companies owned by Bane Capital. This is not a time to debate the processes of Bane. It is a time to say, though, that Romney knows how to get it done when it comes to making the cuts and changing direction for the good of the organization or institution. Believe me, that is exactly what we need in Washington. Personally, I believe that is one of the major reasons why so many are so opposed to his candidacy. The fat sees the knife coming.
- Mitt Romney is willing to take on the tough issues. Could that be any clearer than with the selection of his running mate, Paul Ryan? Paul Ryan is a very intelligent man who has a remarkable command of the needs and numbers and is willing to put forth solutions to looming crisis and catastrophes, even when they will not set well with many people. This country has challenges that must be met and decisions that must be made and I believe the ticket of Romney/Ryan says we are willing to take them on, regardless of their popularity or unpopularity.
- But here’s the biggie for me. Romney/Ryan are the candidates that will uphold the moral values and principles that are vital to the future recovery and health of our great country. We will not see the further dismantling of marriage and family under Romney/Ryan. We will not see the support and lobbying of abortion rights under Romney/Ryan. We will not see a system of rewarding those who refuse to work under Romney/Ryan. We will not see the blatant violating and usurping of the laws of the land under Romney/Ryan.
Enough said for Romney/Ryan. Now, here are three reasons why I believe it is time for a change at the top.
- Let me begin where I just left off. We have had enough of the dismantling of the American family. Here are a few ways the family is under attack in America as listed by my good friend Robert Partington, Director of Peace in the Home Ministry. ( http://peaceinthehome.org/) “The family is under attack when health care reform is a guise for universal access to taxpayer-funded abortion. The family is under attack when two same gender individuals are permitted to adopt innocent children, subsequently modeling brokenness to yet another generation. The family is under attack when governments invest more resources into organizations with nice names who promote promiscuity and abortion than they do into self-control and adoption. The family is under attack when government schools are used to advance social engineering agendas, influencing the hearts and minds of our children, without any heed to parental values. The family is under attack when fully one-quarter of the next generation is murdered in the womb. The family is under attack when the voting public doesn’t see past an engaging smile to the anti-family agenda lurking beneath.”
- We have a President who is aggressively selling to and forcing on America a flawed and destructive economic philosophy. His answer to everything is more programs, more spending, more giveaways and more government. Rather than encouraging hard work and self reliance there is an endless agenda to get less and less people working and more and more people depending on government for the needs in their life. Instead of a philosophy of self-worth, achievement, values and hard earned success there is a determined effort to promote all the opposite values and then punish and penalize those who live by them. Enough is enough.
- We have an administration that will say and do ANYTHING to get reelected and hold onto power. Lies, distortions, vote buying, bypassing laws, threats, intimidation, arrogance and cover-ups are business as usual. I know, these things have been part of politics since the beginning of politics. But I cannot remember in my lifetime, and that’s quite a long time, the kind of blatant use of such practices as we see them today.
So for these reasons and others, I have decided to declare my support for the Romney/Ryan ticket. I have never done this before in such a public and bold manner. I realize that someone in my position could pay a price for doing so, but, I cannot sit by and silently watch what I believe in be systematically destroyed and dismantled. I cannot help but speak up and support the candidate that I believe is immensely more qualifies to bring the long overdue turnaround to the greatest country in the world.
How about you?